Orange County Chapter
Program, June 2003
Monday, June 9, 7-9 pm
Ralf has made available a copy of his slides.
Linux instructor, Intratek Computer, will tell us about
Linux Administration (Redhat and SuSE).
He plans to cover some of these topics.
- Install Linux.
- Access Resources on other systems.
- Integrate Linux systems with other operating system platforms.
- Examine basic networking concepts.
- Configure xinetd, DNS, and TCP/IP network administration.
- Examine system scripts and configure cron.
- Compile, modify, and upgrade the kernel.
- Configure boot options.
- Configure the X Server.
- Implement and administer security issues.
- Install and configure Apache Web servers and virtual hosts.
- Install and configure mail services.
- Install and configure DNS.
- Install and configure DHCP.
- Troubleshoot and debug Linux installations and configurations.
Back to the UUASC Orange County overview